Wednesday, January 8, 2014

a date to the movies...

in lieu of a matthew and i date night post, i'm finally getting around to posting some of the pictures from california.  we waited patiently (mostly) to see frozen until we got to california.  i'm fairly certain that every movie the girls have ever seen in the theater has been with grammie and poppa- it's one of their favorite dates to take the girls on!

a movie date with grammie and poppa means popcorn (and refills) from poppa, treats from grammie and endless seat hopping with no complaints.  the girls loved the movie, especially all the music and sat through it with no problem.  we met whitney, ryan and oliver after the movie for dinner at bruxie, our favorite place for waffles.

saying my girls love time with my parents is an understatement.  we've conned gracie into thinking that matthew and i are still cool, but as for maddie- the second she's around my parents she's more or less uninterested in us…it's hard not to take offense!:)  the girls genuinely know how much my parents love them (in fact, today maddie told me in the car, "grammie and poppa love moo moo, they think i am darling") and we love the girls sweet relationship with them.  the girls are already planning their next visit to california (i'm hoping we're invited again soon:) and ask almost daily when they will see grammie and poppa again.  if it weren't for facetime and phone calls, maddie would be at the bus stop!


gracie's plaid sweater | polka dot shirt | leggings | leopard flats | lou + lee hairbow |

maddie's leopard cardigan | chambray shirt | black jeggings | baby gap booties (similar here, these are hysterical!) | mark it with a q hairbow ℅ |

my sweater | leather leggings (on sale!) | purse | sunglasses | glasses | flats (borrowed from my mom's closet) | watch |












10 comments:

  1. Such sweet pictures! I love that you capture these "everyday" outings. Your girls look like they were having a marvelous time! So darn cute!

    http://sometimesgracefully.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace!

      Thank you so much- I wanted to make sure I captured some of my favorite moments with the girls and my parents, especially how they love to hold hands!

      I hope you're staying warm in Minneapolis, I've been watching the news and reminding myself how cold it is other places when I'm feeling bad for ourselves in Utah.

      Good luck picking everything out for your master's thesis…that is so exciting! Sherlock Holmes would be a great pick!

      Thanks so much for reading:)

      Delete
  2. You have the best photos. Who follows you around and takes all these photos?
    I love following you. I have a four year old boy who won't wear buttons or zippers so I miss out on all the cute girl fashions.

    www.craftynotartsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley!

      Thank you so much! Either Matthew or I take all our pictures…I took an online photography class and it kind of developed into a little hobby! If Matthew and I are in the picture it usually means I've set our camera up and had someone take a quick shot of us. In this case, my Mom took one outside the theater. It takes a little getting used to, but it didn't take long before lugging my camera around became second nature.

      I love that your little boy refuses buttons or zippers, it's so funny what kids are particular about!

      Thanks so much for reading:)

      ps- i tried commenting on your blog, but for some reason it wouldn't go through…I love your cork board tutorial and your dresser! So cute!

      Delete
  3. What a fun outing! I have two little girls (2 and 4) who are dying to see that movie. I think you just inspired us to make a family date :-) Love your blog and such fun photos. Two questions: can we talk about your glasses and what they are? Also, how do you get your girls to wear such adorable outfits? My littles both have fashion minds of their own, and most of the time they are free to mix and match as they please BUT sometimes, like for family pics, it'd be nice for me to be able to dress them. You know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy!

      Your little girls will love it- it really is the sweetest movie with a great story, especially for sisters. So 1, my glasses are from Target Optical…when I went in to update my prescription and get a pair of glasses (Lucy ate my previous pair) I was anticipating having to go find glasses somewhere else, but I was surprised at their selection! Mine are Armani Exchange and actually the cheapest pair I saw in there (when does that ever happen?!). Another thing I like to do is buy readers (Kate Spade or Anthropologie are my favorites) and just have the lenses put in. And 2, it's been a process for us too! I came home today from running an errand and Gracie had changed into sweatpants with stars all over them, a striped skirt over and a polka dot sweatshirt. Most mornings, especially with school, I let her pick out her shoes, or coat or tights or whatever it is she's feeling particular about and then we work together to pick out the rest of her outfit. I'll usually give her a few choices and keep my fingers crossed that she puts something together than at least matches! When we're going out or I'm wanting to do pictures or something along those lines I usually just make such a big deal about it and get them excited, it makes negotiations much easier:) I've found it's helpful too when I let her completely pick out her outfits for certain occasions. For dance and gymnastics I let her go at it…sometimes it's a little scary, but I think she's learning how she likes to put things together. So- I probably just gave you way too much information, but hopefully that helps out!

      Thank you so, so much for reading. Let me know if your girls like the movie!

      ps- I cannot wait to show Matthew your super c smoothie recipe…he loves avocado and drinks emergen-c daily…it's going to be a hit in our house!

      Delete
  4. Such cute pictures and outfits! I absolutely loved Frozen, it was a great movie!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica!

      Thank you so much! We adored the movie, I can't wait to see it again! Thanks for reading:)

      Delete
  5. Such a great post. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faith!

      Thank you so much for reading! It was such a fun day and we haven't stopped singing the songs!

      Your nieces birthday party was so darling! I loved all the details- it is so easy to see how loved she is! (Google is being funky tonight, not sure if you got my comment!)

      Thanks again:)

      Delete