Tuesday, September 24, 2013

tuesdays thoughts...


no. 1 // i love a good book. when i find a book i'm in to, i'm known to stay up all night reading and will finish it in less than a day.  however, i am a bit particular about the books i read.  i refuse any nicholas sparks novel.  i once heard that the twilight books were like sitting at a bar and eating peanuts- you're not really hungry, they peanuts don't taste great, but they're in front of you so you keep eating- the perfect analogy for the twilight books!  i have a worn and used copy of pride and prejudice, dogeared at my favorite part, and i'll sit and read it all night, maybe even shedding a few tears.  i guess it goes in part with tv shows and movies too- i can't watch the bachelor (who voluntarily signs up for that show?!) and much to the outrage and dismay from all my college roommates, i despised the movie titanic.  i sat through it once and refused to ever see it again.  i'm a bit of a hypocrite though- give me bridges of madison county, that touch of mink (or anything with cary grant, he beats leonardo dicaprio every time.) or 16 candles and i can't say no (16 candles is close to my heart; i had a major crush on jake ryan. when i met matthew i thought he looked like him and drove the same car, fulfilling all my teenage requirements for a boyfriend).  there is something about that classic romance!  i snagged edenbrooke and blackmoore from my sister's kindle account.  i flew through both of them, i cried and i loved it and i'm not ashamed.  

no. 2 // i am in love with this joe fresh sweatshirt!  it's similar to this one from crewcuts, but at $9 it's a fraction of the cost...and this one from forever 21- so cute!

no. 3 // have you read mini magazine? i love flipping through each issue- it it loaded with inspiration and great articles with mom's from all walks of life (think designers, celebrities and much more!) kate and her team with sweet enough to do a little feature on us for their new blogger series.  i answered all sorts of questions about blogging and life with our little girls...you can check it out here!

no. 4 //  i'm going down to california again in a couple weeks for the wedding of a lifelong friend.  i'm trying to find the perfect dress and love this floral dress and this classic red.

no. 5 // last week we (well, mostly matthew) made an amazing roast dinner.  then i (really, it was mostly me) made the most amazing chocolate chip cookies.  really, they were amazing!  and cookies, i have never been able to make cookies!  i'll be honest, the recipe came from breanna, so credit (major credit) is probably due to her.  but anyway, i'm feeling a bit more confident in the kitchen and this recipe for grilled corn, black beans, and quinoa with cilantro lime dressing may be my next attempt.

4 comments:

  1. I cannot put a good book down either! And I've never read Nicholas Sparks or Twilight. I did read The Hunger Games series in about four days (and then reread and reread it), and I've been through Jane Austen numerous times (Emma is my favorite). I just cannot read a sad book (or watch a sad movie). Would love any happy recommendations you have!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need some recommendations from you! I'm reading Chasing Harry Winston right now, which is a huge change from Edenbrooke and Blackmoore. I'm still undecided on it, but I'll let you know when I'm done!

      Keep in touch with any new books, thanks so much!:)

      Delete
  2. Oh Philip!!! I never thought I would love anyone more than Mr. Darcy, but Edenbrooke made me think differently! And I'm loving that floral dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so happy someone else loved Edenbrooke as much as I! Have you read Blackmoore yet? I can't decide which was my favorite!

      Delete