Wednesday, September 25, 2013

date night wednesdays...with our little guests


with our little getaway last weekend we decided to take the girls out on a quick date.  lucky for us the girls are cheap dates.  a little walk and an ice cream cone is all it takes to keep them happy.  we're enjoying our last little bit of warmer weather.  in typical gracie and maddie fashion they quickly found rocks and began collecting.  within minutes maddie had her jacket pockets completely full.  they have plans of painting their new collection.  i swear we've collected 500 rocks from all over.  as quickly as i'm throwing them out our front door they're bringing them in.  gracie is on a quest for the perfect heart shaped rock.  i am the keeper of all those who don't quite meet the criteria...i'm pretty sure it's a compliment.  we're on our last few days of semi- warm temperatures.  in preparation, gracie is wearing skirts or dresses exclusively and double checking to make sure she has a stockpile of tights that will keep her warm during the winter.  

i have been loving the wide leg trouser trend, but assumed it wouldn't work for me because i'm on the shorter side ( 5'4"...well, a little bit under that, but we'll round up:).  i tried on these wayf pants from nordstrom and was pleasantly surprised!  with a pair of high wedges i didn't even need them hemmed.  i'm excited to wear them this fall with a pair of tall boots and a leather jacket or a chunky sweater.   

gracie's tee (on sale) || denim vest (sold out, target denim jacket, crewcuts denim jacket) || skirt || sandals || headband ||

maddie's tee (on sale) || jacket (on sale) || skirt || shoes ||

my chambray top || wayf pants || wedges (similar here + here) || sunglasses || necklace 
(similar here) || bracelets here + here ||



7 comments:

  1. What a fun evening! I love their skirts and shoes!! They are so adorable and you look gorgeous in those pants! So glad I came across your blog (thanks to instragram :) )!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristen,
      Thank you so much! Your blog is too cute- I love getting a glimpse of life with little boys! Instagram is the best, I love getting in touch with so many new people!

      Thanks for reading:)

      Delete
  2. Lindsey! You are just so beautiful! I'm so happy to have found your blog. Your family is so so sweet!

    www.batblifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alissa, thank you so, so much! Your Harper is darling- I loved your story about her waking you up early...it sounds very familiar!:)

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate! I just wish someone would have told me how much more comfortable they are than jeans a few years ago!

      Delete
  4. Lindsey I don't know you but stumbled on your Instagram, amazing!! Your pants...I die!! So darling! My husband and I just moved to Chicago for law school and I am thinking about applying to work at Anthro, this outfit surely would get me in the door.. I hope :) thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete