Thursday, September 19, 2013

date night wednesday...for a thursday


i'd like to think that all our date nights are glamourous nights out of the town...but in reality some nights we just take what we can get.  a date is a date, even if it's just for an ice cream cone or to wander the aisles of the grocery store (really romantic, right?!).  if the girls prayers are answered, a babysitter cancels and they get an invite out with us.

during a busy week we sometimes have to go from our daily routines straight into date mode.  i'm left hoping that my outfit will seamlessly transition.  my "mom uniform" tends to be jeans with flats with any assortment of top.  i bought this zoe karssen sweatshirt a little over a year ago and it has continued to be one of my staples.  the fabric is so soft, but it maintains its quality no matter how many times it is washed.  the detailing on the shoulder help bring it from comfy to chic.  i've paired it with an assortment of outfits ranging from dressed up to super casual.  i think this may be one of favorite ways to wear it!

i searched for a pair of glasses forever and could not find any that i loved.  i finally found these kate spade readers at nordstrom and had prescription lenses put in the frames.  i find darling readers all over the place and have decided it's the best way to find glasses- as a bonus they're usually less expensive than what you find at the optometrist!  much to my dismay, i had a little girl ask me at church ask me if i was only wearing my glasses to look smart...and then she added that if i were, she didn't really think it was working.  (i'm eyeing a new pair from here or here)


below you can shop some similar graphic sweatshirts at all different price ranges!


7 comments:

  1. Love, love your outfit!! What size did you get in the sweatshirt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess,
      I ordered a small, it's a perfect fit if you want to layer something underneath. I can't recommend it enough! Thanks so much for reading:)

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit and the setting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look darling. You pull off the glasses so well! I laugh at myself when I wear glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I attribute the credit to the glasses- they are my favorite! I can't believe how much more I'm needing to wear my glasses now…getting older is hard:)

      Delete
  4. I recently found your blog and Im sorta in love! You have created an amazing spot with your blog. Your style is to die for!

    ReplyDelete