Tuesday, March 5, 2013

lunch with daddy bear


every now and then we like to head up to campus to see matthew for lunch.  the girls call it going to see the "byu cougars" (everything sounds cooler when it's followed by a big animal).  one of my favorite parts of going is the drive there.  gracie starts as soon as we get in the car...she says, "my heart is saying daddy bear, daddy bear, daddy bear" in the quietest whisper she can manage.  every couple minutes she pipes up from the back seat, each time a little louder, "my heart is saying, daddy bear, daddy bear, daddy bear".  the closer we get to school, the louder and more excited her heart says "daddy bear".  when we pull into the parking lot she's at a full blown yell.  she can hardly wait to get out of the car and make the mad dash for his building.  my ears are still recovering from today, but there is nothing that tops the anticipation of seeing matthew.  he holds a special spot in her heart.  somedays i don't want to admit it, but i think he holds the biggest piece.

taking the girls to campus is a great activity in the middle of the day.  it takes up an hour or two and can end right at nap time, and somedays i need a little adult conversation.  however, it's not always a simple task to keep the girls well behaved on a busy college campus.  i mean, there are people everywhere, most of which will acknowledge them, and hallways where voices echo…and a little water fountain that is way too low to the ground, perfect for little hands to "accidentally" reach in and splash a teeny bit of water.  today they were mostly great, but somedays it feel like every other small child visiting their parents behaves a little better.  i appreciate matthew's willingness to have us come.  he didn't even seem embarrassed when maddie made eyes and stared at everyone around us, or when gracie repeatedly asked, each time more animated, for a pet shark, but only one that was nice.

i love getting to see matthew in his element.  he's definitely more calm and focused.  he's usually mid study session and brings up some interesting tax accounting something that he's learning about.  i can rarely wrap my head around the concept- bring up dissecting a novel and i'm ready to discuss…but the new tax code?  it's a little difficult to follow, making him seem very dedicated and patient to study those kind of numbers and strategies all day long.  and more impressive than that, he hasn't let all those numbers dull him:)  i know there are times we are anxious for student life to end, but when it does, i think i will forever miss our lunch dates at the "byu cougars". 

 ||thinking about doing something naughty...it's just so tempting!||
 ||i'm not sure how one little face can look so sweet, but so mischievous at the same time|| 
||always running, never walking||






7 comments:

  1. I just ordered that J.Crew top, I can't wait to get it! I always take inspiration from your outfits-- very wearable for us moms! =)
    I'm also lovin' your hair- maybe you could share a hair tutorial w/ us {wink, wink} ;)
    I'm also curious about your fitness routine... You're obviously in great shape and I'm sure part of it is chasing those cute little girls aound but I have a feeling there's more to looking *that* great!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I have seriously loved this top, I can't believe how much I've found to wear it with. Thank you for all your sweet comments! I struggle with my hair, but this is the one way I've found is easy enough for me to do and perfect for those mornings I'm running late. It's so, so simple- I just put it in a pony tail, rat the pony tail at the base just a little, and then twist it around and secure it with a couple bobby pins. I'm not sure if it made any sense at all, but I'll look for a tutorial to post for you! As far as the working out goes, I'm a little embarassed to say that right now, I haven't been getting to the gym much...or ever. It's mostly just staying busy with the girls. However, I'm a huge fan of pilates and making it to a class is always on my to do list. Whenever I get a chance to go I remember how much I love it and how much better I feel after working out. I'll be better someday...hopefully! Thanks again for reading, your comments are always so sweet, I appreciate them so much:)

      Delete
  2. Love that you are sharing these little days- so sweet! Love the colors and outfits- great pictures too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how you always match!! You are my syle inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, you are so sweet! We always have fun getting dressed up, and it's even better now that the girls are getting old enough to help out. Thanks for reading:)

      Delete
  4. i love the outfits. all three of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, thank you so much for your comment:)

      Delete