Wednesday, February 6, 2013

valentine bags


these girls have caught the love bug.  i’m fairly certain we’ll be doing some sort of valentine’s craft every day from here to the 14th.  today we decorated little bags and made valentine’s to deliver to some of their friends. 

i love doing crafts with the girls, however, with their ages and abilities sometimes we’re limited.  projects have to be fairly simple, quick to complete (especially for maddie) and there has to be glitter…there always has to be glitter.  these bags were perfect- they could make as many or as few valentine’s as their attention span allowed and they could be as detailed or plain as they saw fit.

i gathered up supplies i had from my craft closet.  i’m a little bag hoarder, i can always find a use for them and can’t help buying them from the scrapbooking store.  my neighbors are probably so sick of them.  i set out markers, crayons, glitter glue, cut out hearts, stickers, washi tape and doilies…and they went to town.  the glitter glue?  may have been a mistake....but they really, really loved it.  while they made all their valentine’s to put in the bags, i got to decorate some too, so it was a win win.  it was so cute to watch gracie pick out special hearts for certain friends and see her plan out each bag she started.  we filled them with ring pops and stickers and all things little kids love and delivered them.

we are so excited for all the fun the next week will bring...here’s to love, valentine’s and all things glittered!







**i added the link to my striped leggings from yesterdays post for those who asked:)



12 comments:

  1. Hmmmm.....I wonder where they got their love for glitter?!?!? Darling craft and outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great craft. I love there outfits too... where did you get their heart sweaters?

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee! I had a few questions about the girls outfits, so I went back and added their outfit details! Thanks so much for reading:)

      I loved your chandelier post- those were amazing!

      Delete
  3. Love your blog! new follower :) This is the cutest Valentine post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren, thank you so much for reading! The Valentine's were so easy and great to do with kids!

      Delete
  4. Such a cute post! You should just add a What We Wore section at the end of every post - because everyone always looks so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Thank you so much for reading! I've gone back and added the details to some of our posts...I'm always surprised when people want to know, but I'm happy to post whenever anyone ask:)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsey- for some reason your comment was deleted before I was able to read it! I'm guessing someone got ahold of my phone and started pushing buttons! I'm so sorry, post it again and I'll get back to you!

      Delete
  6. Heart sweater and stripe shoes details please ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks so much for reading! I had a few other comments, so I went back and posted the girls outfit details.

      Your blog is darling- I loved the heart shaped pancakes, and your kids are too cute!

      Delete
  7. Thanks...I didn't even know you could see my blog from me posting a comment...HA, too funny :-)

    ReplyDelete