Tuesday, February 12, 2013

snapshots of our day...

a few snapshots from our day...

maddie spent the day refusing clothes.  every time i turned around i saw her naked bum running away from me, while she squealed in triumph…she gets a kick out of tricking me.  while i fake scold her i'm mostly laughing- it might be the cutest sight i've ever seen.  we finally compromised on just undies.  she held up her end of the bargain for about 12 minutes.  matthew couldn't figure out why our house was so warm when he got home- i'm keeping it extra toasty for her naked little body.  she promised she'd wear clothes tomorrow…but i'm not banking on it.

the girls are obsessed with tents, forts, secret hideouts, anything they can bring a stash of treasures into and hang out.  their newest favorite spot are our bathtubs.  they pile bean bags, blankets and toys galore and pretend their hearts out.  i was invited for a tea party complete with cupcakes and fruit.  i'm such a fan of this; it contains them pretty well and gives me enough time to complete some chores around the house- maddie is too chicken to climb out by herself.  



gracie decided at 7 am this morning that she'd get into her closet and start her day of 14 outfits.  by 10am she had settled on this outfit.  i'm really to blame for this…a couple weeks ago we fully baby proofed (or toddler proofed) our house.  we put locks on their closet doors, bathroom doors and every cabinet in the house...the rummaging and climbing was getting out of control.  while they've figured out how to open all the cabinets already, the door locks are foolproof…unless i forget to put the lock on.  so it was a gracie fashion show all day.  the tap shoes had to be pried off at nap time.  



we had matthew's sister's 16th birthday party tonight…i had a pretty great moment when she requested i make something specific for the party, my artichoke dip.  i mean, the family is chalk full of talented chefs, and she loved something i had made!  i cooked it with pride and my hope of becoming a culinary genius was reinstated.

i somehow thought we still had a week until valentine's day.  i'll be running around tomorrow trying to get our day of love ready, we can't wait!


my jeans (on sale)||shirt||bracelet (on sale)

7 comments:

  1. I luv your blog! Would you ever consider doing a "Day In the Life" post? I have only 1 son but am so intrigued by the thought of another. I luv reading post about moms with multiples and how their day goes (i.e. wake up times, nap times, bed times, how you all stay entertained, how you burn off energy, lol ) in preparation for our second. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristina- thank you so much for reading! I've thought a lot about doing a post like that! The thing I'd love about it is showing the good and the bad throughout the day...because with two toddlers there are bound to be some struggles! It was a big adjustment adding Maddie to our family, but watching the two together has been the most rewarding thing ever! Keep posted for one coming soon:)

      Oh, and I loved your post on marriage- it was so sweet!:)

      Delete
  2. So sweet! Ok yet again I need outfit details :) I need you to help me shop, you always look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess, you are so sweet! I added my details again...I had a couple people email me about my jeans. They're on a huge sale on piper lime! My spiked bracelet is also on sale from Nordstrom. Thanks so much for reading:)

      Delete
  3. so cute. your hair is so pretty :) how in the world do you always look so cute with two running around??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy:) My hair has a mind of its own...somedays I like it and somedays it's destined to be in a bun on top of my head! I'm trying to find a balance between hanging in my sweatpants and getting dressed...lately getting dressed has been winning! Thanks for reading:)

      Delete
  4. you are the prettiest mama ever! And your girls are so darling

    ReplyDelete