Friday, February 1, 2013

mama style


i think we are finally on the mend.  after a week of hibernation, we ventured out to do some errands before heading up to park city for the weekend. 

the girls from small fry blog are hosting a mama style link up with 8 different bloggers.  some of the bloggers are on my daily read list, and some are new finds that i’m pretty excited about.  i loved reading each of their unique views on style as moms; the items they love and what changed after having kids.

my style has evolved from wearing something based strictly on how it looked (oh, the days when being uncomfortable was worth it), to needing something functional, as well as cute.  it has to be something that can take me from story time to the grocery store to seeing friends or out at night…and it has to be easy to move in.   i need pants that stay up around my waist as i’m bending over for the thousandth time…i’m a big fan of patterned jeans and i love that i can find them in every price range.  i need something loose enough on top to allow me to carry babies for extended periods of time and perform acrobatics in the car reaching for dropped toys.  i’m in love with any sort of graphic top- sweater, t shirt or sweatshirt.   shoes that don’t roll my ankle while i’m dashing after a runaway are high on my list, comfortable boots are a bonus during the winter.  lastly, a funky patterned scarf that adds color and my favorite leather jacket, something to keep me warm from the car to indoors, but small enough that i can put in my purse.

i have not found it difficult to find clothes that fit this “mom criteria”…sometimes it’s easier to turn to sweats when we’re hanging out at home, or my only fashion critics are my toddlers.  but i notice a big difference when we get dressed for the day, in myself, and in how much i get done and how much i want to do, and that makes the extra effort worth it.


 

Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alycia! I died laughing at your Bachelor recaps...and I'm seriously loving your new meet and greet ad, I need to email you!

      ps- love your insta feed:)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Your mama style post was darling!! Your little Eloise could not be cuter!

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy that I stumbled upon your blog. You have a beautiful family and I really enjoy reading all of your posts! Thanks for bloggin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, thank you so much for your comment! It was so sweet:)

      Delete
  4. LOVE your style .That shirt is to die for. Thanks for linking up!
    x, Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, thank you! I love what you girls put together, it was so fun to take part in it!

      I loved reading back on your blog, your "one truth" post about your husband was so sweet! I became an instant fan of your blog!

      I said something on Instagram, but that sweater is a forever 21 gem find, it comes in neon green too!

      Thanks again:)

      Delete
  5. I found you through the "mama style" and all I have to say is that you totally deserve to win! WOW! Your style is adorable and your family is so cute! I love your blog thank you for sharing!!!

    Thank you,
    Candace- www.myownsweetscoops.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candace- thank you so much! I thought it was such a fun thing for all those bloggers to link up and do!

      I loved reading up on your site- cutest blog name! And your two little girls couldn't be more darling...we have a thing for little sisters around here!:)

      Delete
  6. I have commented on here one time before but I honestly LOVE your style and love that you are also from Utah :) I have a couple other girls from Utah that I follow but their style is just never going to work for me being a mom of 3 little kids. I do have to ask where you got your amazing boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess! Thank you, that was so sweet! I feel the same way about some bloggers- love, love, love their style, but it's just not something I can wear while chasing after our girls! My boots are from Zara...I love that there are a little heel, but they're still so easy to run in. I looked on their website, I didn't see the same ones, but I really like these, and they're pretty similar- http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/us/en/zara-nam-S2013/358012/1098554/BASIC%20COWBOY%20ANKLE%20BOOT

      Oh, and I'm definitely trying your snicker doodle recipe for my husband, they're his favorite!

      Delete
  7. Love your blog, your family is adorable and your photos are stunning. I love your style I completely agree you definitely deserve a WIN!

    www.delolovesdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dee! Your blog is incredible- I love all your design picks! My husband lived in Toronto for two years and is dying to go back for a visit...your pictures may have talked me into it!

      Delete
  8. I agree-- LUV your 'Mama" style ;) Definitely wearable for us moms!
    Would you mind sharing your outfit details? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I added the outfit details to the post...the sweater has even gone on sale!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the outfit links Lindsey :) That was sweet of you to add those for us!
      I loved every piece so much that I ordered the J.Crew pants (on sale now!), Zara jacket, and the F21 sweater (in both colors... can't beat that price!)! However, I'm a size 8/10 on top so I ordered a size L in the Zara jacket and it is so tight!?! :( I'm almost wondering if it's defective!? Did you find it to run small? Does it stretch out at all later?
      I don't have a store anywhere near me so this is the first time I've ever purchased from them so maybe that's just their sizing!? I'm so sad about it because it's a great style and I know I'd wear the heck out of it if it fit me!
      Anyway, thanks for your help :)

      Delete
    3. Hi, sorry, I just now saw this comment! Yes, the jacket runs a little small, in fact I think most stuff I've ordered from there runs small...especially compared to somewhere like J Crew. I tried to order the jacket in a size up, but it was out of stock, so I kept it thinking i'd just wear it with dresses or t-shirts, but it's given a little bit and I can throw it over a sweater now. It's one of my favorite pieces in my closet! Hopefully that helps, let me know if you have any more questions!:)

      Delete
    4. Thanks for responding!
      Since I ordered a Large, I don't have the option of sizing up. I've actually worn the jacket around the house for a bit and it seems to have stretched out some so I might be able to make it work! I can barely zip it though so I'll definitely have to wear it open ;)
      Again, thanks for your help! I truly love your style and always look forward to seeing your post :) You're a great mom to those lovely girls as well!!!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy! I added the outfit details to the post if you want to check it out. Your blog is great- I loved the family pictures with Austin, so sweet!

      Delete
  10. I love your blog! I stumbled upon it during mama style link up and you inspired me! We jump on the bed on Saturday mornings too :) your girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy!! Your Charlotte is too cute!

      Delete